Located in the Leelanau Peninsula just outside of Northport, Peterson Park is situated high on a bluff overlooking a beautiful Lake Michigan vista, and features a unique stairway down to a rocky beach.
Within Peterson Park, you will find plenty of parking along with picnic tables, grills, and restroom facilities. Walk down the stairs to the shore, and you'll find that the shore is covered with rocks of all shapes and sizes...a rock hunter's dream!
Since this beach is well off the normal tourism routes, Peterson Park is more of a local's gem. If you enjoy a rocky beach, this park is well worth the detour and not too far from scenic M-22.
Directions to Peterson Park
The Great Outdoors in Northwest Michigan...
- Peterson Park--A Rock Hunter's Destination!
- Explore the Waters of Northwest Michigan on Kayak or Canoe
- Viewing the Northern Lights in Northwest Michigan
- Grand Traverse Region Lake Michigan Water Temperatures
- Experience the Beautiful M-22 Scenic Drive in Northwest Michigan
- Discover Michigan - Watch These Short Travel Videos
- Hop Aboard a Northern Lake Michigan Ferry
- Geocaching in Northwest Michigan
- Experience the Grand Traverse Lighthouse in the Leelanau State Park
- Visit Point Betsie Lighthouse
- Ken Scott Photography...Enjoy!
- Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore
- Ice Caves of Leelanau County - Available in a Book by Ken Scott
Get Outdoors in Northern Michigan...
- Discover the Lighthouses of Northern Michigan
- Parks Aplenty in the Petoskey Area
- Petoskey State Park
- Petoskey's Bear River Valley Recreation Area
- Petoskey's Bear River Whitewater Park
- Explore the Dark Sky Park Discovery Trail Near Mackinaw City
- Kid's Fishing Pond in Petoskey
- Searching for Petoskey Stones in Northern Michigan
- Disc Golf Up North in Michigan
- Bike the Little Traverse Wheelway from Harbor Springs to Charlevoix